1015 N. Quincy St.
Arlington, VA 22201
For the past two Fridays, I have taken LG to storytime at the Central Library. She has always been a big fan of the library and this just adds to her love.
- Storytime occurs each Friday at both 10am and 11am. It lasts approximately 30 minutes.
- There are two sessions at each time. One session (held downstairs near the children's area) is for children older than 2. The other session (held in the upstairs meeting room) is for children who are 2 and under. We attend the sessions for children 2 and under.
- You need to check in at the desk in the children's area. It is free but they do limit the number of children admitted. On a rainy day, the 11am time slot does seem to fill up.
- The way the storytime is conducted depends on the storyteller. The last two weeks we have had two different storytellers and two different but enjoyable experiences.
- For the 2 and under storytime, the storytellers pick age appropriate books, sing songs, and use puppets to engage the children. Neither has minded a wandering or snacking child, which is nice.