13th St. & N. Vermont St.
Arlington, Virginia 22201
Clarenford Station Park is one of our regular stomping grounds. It is small and over looks Route 66 (yes, you can hear the traffic) but we like it anyway.
Why do we love it?
- It is hardly ever crowded. Most days we have the place to ourselves so it feels more like our backyard than a playground.
- The small size and fence allow freedom of movement without a helicopter for a mother (bonus for child and mother).
- Bucket swings! (2)
- Slides: 1 small set with easy stair access, 1 small twist slide with stair access, and 1 tall twisting set with multiple access points but none that easy enough for a child to get up (unassisted) if s/he is not ready to go down the big slide.
- Climbing mountain (a big plastic mountain to climb up, one of the access points to the larger slides)
- Merry-go-round (the old fashion metal kind that can make you sick but are great fun to ride or run around)
- Sand box with TOYS! (lots of different toys that provide many opportunities for pretend play)
- Proximity to Route 66 (and on some days its road kill)
Overall, it is a nice place to go when you just want to play!